Many anglers consider St. Petersburg, Florida, to be the “inshore fishing capital of the world.” In particular, St. Petersburg is home to a large number of redfish and snook, making it a popular destination for anglers looking to catch these prized fish.
There are many reasons our area is so popular among fishing enthusiasts, but the two most commonly cited reasons are the quality of the redfish and snook and the enormous populations of both species in bay area waters. St. Petersburg is truly a mecca for redfish and snook fishing, and anglers worldwide come here to test their skills.
- Redfish are also known as red drums, channel bass, and red bass.
- Redfish can live more than 40 years and weigh up to 50 pounds. The St. Petersburg area is home to some of the largest redfish in the world, with fish over 40 pounds being caught regularly during certain times of the year.
- They are commonly found in the Gulf of Mexico but have been known to swim up the east coast of the United States as far north as Massachusetts.
- Redfish are a popular gamefish in Florida because they are worthy adversaries, boasting tenacious attitudes during a fight.
- Redfish are delicious and considered by many to be the best-tasting fish in the sea.
- Snook are also known as common snook, robalo, and linesider.
- Common Snook can grow to be up to four feet in length and weigh up to fifty pounds, with the St. Petersburg area being home to some of the largest specimens in the world.
- Snook make their homes in inshore waters and can be found in various habitats, including grass beds, beaches, and lines of mangroves. Artificial and natural underwater structures are also popular snook hangouts.
- Snook will feed on many forms of sea life, but two of their favorites are shrimp and baitfish.
Hire Us for The Best Snook and Redfish Action on the West Coast of Florida
Non-Stop Fishing Charters is the top-rated St. Petersburg, Florida charter fishing company for redfish and snook. We specialize in shallow water trips targeting some of the most productive areas in Florida for redfish and snook.
Our St. Petersburg redfish and snook charters are perfect for anglers of all skill levels, from beginners to seasoned pros. We provide everything you need for a successful day on the water, including top-of-the-line tackle, bait, and boats.
Get in touch with us to book your St. Petersburg redfish and snook charter today. We’ll show you the time of your life and put you on fish that will create memories that will last a lifetime!